Saussure

A theory that would outlaw
Onomatopoeia as impure
Ignored textual relations
And remotivations
And should not have been quite Saussure!

The pun writ above is like hell
Because I can't rhyme, scan or spell
But the rhyme with the linguist
'S an interesting twist
I'll write one on Chomsky as well!

But then I didn't because –

a) I don't know anything about Chomsky
b) The only rhymes are "Omsky" and "Tomsky", which are a bit forced and Russian.
c) I can't be bothered.


{An arrow pointing to the letter "I" in the previous sentence, whose downstroke is somewhat curved like an S. At the other end of the arrow is a larger letter "I" with an exaggerated S-curve, with a question mark on each side. Below this is a square containing the dark silhouette of a vase (or is it two faces in profile against a dark background?), and below that: "VASE OR FACES?"}

d) I can...

Still completely other